Friday, January 16, 2009

Birthday Boggler Reply


Apparently, one of our readers took it upon themselves to expand upon our response to Jared's inquiry (see: Birthday Boggler). If I knew all the answers, I reckon I would just start my own blog about interpersonal electronic communication. Regardless, in the interest of providing a broader perspective to our readers, the email we received is provided below.

WARNING: The following interpersonal electronic communication advice is not provided or sanctioned by IECW. The views expressed hereafter do not necessarily reflect those of the editors.

Dear IECW,

As an avid reader of IECW since its very inception, I would like to suggest another possible response by Jared to his IECC (interpersonal electronic communication conundrum!). Although I agree whole-heartedly that a post by Jared on his own wall indicating gratefulness for all the Happy Birthday wishes would without a doubt be egregiously uncouth, I do believe that posting his thankfulness in his status bar would be a most acceptable response to the situation. For purposes of an exemplar, I might recommend, "Thanks for all the happy birthday wishes!"

Sincerely,

Avid Reader

1 comment:

  1. "thanks for all the birthday wishes" is far more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete